Last updated: June 7, 2020
Who We Are
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of Personal Information is ADA Website Services, with offices at 71 Stevenson Street, Suite #407 San Francisco, California 94105, and its subsidiaries.
Purposes Of Processing
Why Do We Need Your Information?
Collecting Personal Information
ADA Website Services collects information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes:
- the Personal Information you provide to us;
- the Personal Information you provide when you report a problem with our Site or when we provide you with customer support; and
- the Personal Information you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information Automatically Collected. ADA Website Services automatically logs information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our website. For example, when visiting our Site, identify an initial public IP address to identify where you are located, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the sections on Cookies, Flash Technology, and Pixel Tags below.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “Cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of Cookies: (1) first party Cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and (2) third party Cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our site uses the following types of Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type of Cookie | Purpose
Essential Cookies | These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
Functionality Cookies | These Cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details, and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Site which you can customize. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Site.
Analytics and Performance Cookies | These Cookies are used to collect information about traffic to ADA Website Services and how users use our Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our website, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own Cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics Cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies. You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Targeted and Advertising Cookies | These Cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These Cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place Cookies to enable them to show advertisements which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
Social Media Cookies | These Cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or within our products and services or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
You can typically remove or reject Cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept Cookies until you change your settings.
We may also use “Pixel Tags” (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Site to track the actions of users on our Site. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel Tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Site so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using Pixel Tags is not linked to our users’ Personal Information.
Using Your Personal Information
ADA Website Services may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
- to evaluate your registration or application for our products and services;
- to deliver the services you request, manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, newsletters, new products, services, webinars, training seminars and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out”. Please note, even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to link or combine user information with other Personal Information;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Information” section below.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third-Parties Designated by You. We may share your Personal Information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, distribution partners, resellers, HR services, information technology and related infrastructure provision (such as Hosting Services USA), customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Information.
- Third-Party Advertisers. ADA Website Services may share Personal Information with advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Affiliates. We may share some or all of your Personal Data with our affiliates, in which case we will require our affiliates to comply with this Policy. In particular, you may let us share Personal Information with our affiliates where you wish to receive marketing communications from them.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share Personal Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
When we use the term “Anonymous Data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
ADA Website Services may create Anonymous Data from the Personal Information we receive about you and other individuals whose Personal Information we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information and information collected by us using Cookies. We make Personal Information into Anonymous Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data for our own purposes, including the ability to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to our website.
International Data Transfer
We will only retain your Personal Information as long as reasonably required for you to use the Site unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
- Opt-out You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive Personal Information; (iv) any new processing of your Personal Information that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your Personal Information outside the European Economic Area. Please note that your use of some of the website may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- You may request what access ADA Website Services has about you at any time by contacting us directly.
- You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- Your Personal Information is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move such data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example, when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your Personal Information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in Section 16 below. In your request, please make clear: (i) what Personal Information is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. ADA Website Services will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, legal purposes, and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
California Privacy Rights
Residents of California have the right to:
- Know what Personal Information we collect about you and from where we collect it;
- Access a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you; Understand how we process your Personal Information and how it may be shared;
- Opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with certain third parties; and
- Request we delete your Personal Information.
- To make such a request, please contact us.
Employee Personal Data
ADA Website Services commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to human resources data transferred from the European Union in the context of the employment relationship. Please contact us to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts.